Day 2: Aiden

 Day 2! 

    If you read my previous blog, you will find that I completed my shadow box yesterday. While this is true, I wanted to do some improvements to it today, so I started today working on my shadowbox. My goals were to re-model the tables and the piano, as well as combine the stage lights with the stage and wall. I started off with the tables, and basically just ran over them again with the pen tool this time, and they came out looking like this: 


    I was happy with this design, so I went on to the piano and did the same thing. I sadly don't have a picture of the final product though. I then moved on to the lights, and they were easy enough, only needing slight edits, and I was all done. I then noticed that the vines were still too messy, so I redid those too and it came out like this: 

    Happy with this, I saved my project and went to go eat lunch. The final design looks like this: 


    When I got back from lunch, I decided to set a start on my diorama, which is a shadowbox but with color. If you read my last blog, I posted a picture of my drawing of what my shadowbox would look like. I made a basic render of that drawing on Illustrator, and it came out like this: 



    This was good, but I felt like it was too basic, and wanted to do something with more of a wide lens view. I started on a completely new rendering of my diorama, and I decided that I wanted to keep around the same background, just with mountains instead of a floating platform. I designed it, and it came out like this:


    Being still a little too greyscale, I decided to change up the colors of the mountains a little bit, and now it looks like this: 


    I haven't done it yet, but I will add clouds later to the sides and make it look a little more like my original. In this new drawing, the background is made by me instead of being an image, and I used the Puppet Warp Tool on the same mountain over and over to get the look I wanted. Here is a project overview:




Thanks for reading!

- Aiden


Update:

After I wrote this blog, I had a half-hour left, so I decided to add the clouds back to my work, and here's what it looks like:



Comments

Popular Posts