Day 3: Aiden

     Today was a very productive day, at least for me it was. Today started almost immediately with me working on my shadowbox, as I wanted to add just a few final details to get it looking great! I started off by fine-tuning the vines again, taking away more and more points and overall just making it look better and making it easier for the laser printer to cut. Once I was done, I took it to the laser printer and found out that I had shortened yesterday's 23 minutes to just 8, which was great! I went ahead and cut the paper, and I got the result I wanted (Picture below)



    Liking this, I went on and started adding extra details to the pathway and to the mirror, which were basically just changing the straight borders to the pathway to wavy ones, and adding dots, or circular bezels to the mirror. (Pictures below)




    I also added a small cutout behind the piano (Shown in the first picture) (the light grey one) So that light could easily reach the piano.

    Happy with this, I cut out my project, a process that took about a half-hour, and was ready to make my shadowbox. (Small part of the cutting process shown below)



    After the cutouts were finished, which I sadly don't have pictures of, I started on gluing them together, which was sort of relaxing because of the sound of cutting the styrofoam paper, and I cut 20 pieces of it, I then glued the pieces to the layers, glued the layers on top of the other layers, and I was done!

Here is the final product: 



    All I need to do now is make a frame, something I will do after making my diorama!

Thanks for reading!

Aiden

Comments

Popular Posts