Day 7: Ariana

 It's been a week in the tinkeria and my project is nearly complete. With the wood preparations done yesterday it was just cutting for today. I don't have too many pictures from today's progress mostly because I forgot but i still have some from the morning. 


We used the table saw to make angled cuts on our wood as well as make the 1/8th inch dados where the acrylic will sit. On the across side of the wood, we made rabbets for the corkboard. 

Then after all the cutting, I lined up my wood pieces to my dioramas to test if they fit. but only lining them up like this was a no no. so we used this strap of some sort which can tighten with a crank. this way the wood is immobile for a while and then we can truly test if the dioramas can fit. If they don't fit we cut off and trimmed some sides until it did. 

then the afternoon kicked in and I forgot to take pictures. Mr. Grisbee said the ideal place to be at the end of the day was to have your frames all glued up with the acrylic stuck inside it. He gave us a demonstration of how to glue the frame and sent us off to do the same. 

at the end of the day, I indeed had both frames glued with a sheet of acrylic stuck inside. 








 

Comments

Popular Posts