day 8- tyler b

 Today I made my acrylic, glued on my frames, made my chipboard, and pieced everything together! First, I worked on my frame. I had to connect each piece and make them superrr straight at the ends. I put them in order and then had to print out my acrylic. The acrylic is the piece that is kind of like glass that goes in the front of each project to protect it. the size of the acrylic had to be very precise. i had to redo mine 4 times. But i finally got it! I kept forgetting to add 0.3 to each side. But then I ended up just measuring the inside of my frame and that worked perfectly! So after I put the frame in, I put some wood glue on each side to connect the frame. Once that was done, I tapped the whole frame very very tight together to make sure it would stay in place. I took the tape off to try and polish it but it started yellowing because of the white wash so I took it off. After that was done, I made my chipboard! I had to do pretty much the same measurements as the acrylic. The chipboard is the backboard. One of mine was a little off so mr. grisbee just shaved it off with the saw! I put the screws in the chip board! After that my diorama was complete! So then I had to open my shadowbox back up and put the led's in. Once I had done that and made sure it was good to go, I closed it back up, screwed it together and was done! 



Comments

Popular Posts